Tuesday 6 July 2021

The strip down begins

I gave the car a once over and decided that in order to do a 'proper job' of this resto the rear body clam would need to be replaced. They aren't too expensive and all parts are available from Hambly Sportscars who are reasonably local to me 






What had initially looked like a saveable chassis tub soon started to have me doubting the economic viability of said task.


Its even worse than these pics show, a shame really. I am in touch with the guy who built the car back in 1984, he built with his now deceased father and I really wanted to rescue as much as possible of 'their car'




The car uses two mk1 Mini front subframes with the engine mid mounted at the rear of the car, a simple but fantastic idea!


Very simple to remove.



Bonnet Area Organisation

Prior to running any electrical loom I am placing the parts loosely so I can have a nice tidy loom run once I am happy with the positioning ...