Thursday 8 July 2021

The Dirty Work Continues

 So as to keep them momentum and to get me to the clean part of the build, I have cracked on fully stripping the subframes so that I can get them off for blasting and powdercoating. 



I dropped them off at my normal place for the work to be done and at £200 for the parts in these pictures its one of the other reasons for not using them to blast the tub. Dont get me wrong, I have used them many many times as their work is exceptional but it would have been big money for the chassis and it would have just been etched without all the treatments I am using.

So on to stripping the back, I may have said I have broken this thankless task into sections over a few days.


(Not sure why this image makes the chassis look wonky on my lift, cos its not!) :-)




Same products, only difference being is that for visible areas when the boot or bonnet are open I am using silver Hammerite spray paint on top of the surface treatments. Just for a more visibly pleasing finish.


First coat of Hammerite spray and first brush coat of POR15 on the rear bulkhead.

Im really enjoying this, it's my first full resto for many years which include the full resto of my first car, been building multiple kit cars. Building kits and refurbing parts is great BUT.... I really feel like Im saving something here and I love it! Saving the car that arrived on a transporter and now saving a tub that I have no history of. It's dawning on me how influential the GTM Coupe adverts I drooled over as a kid have affected my car life.

Love it!


Bonnet Area Organisation

Prior to running any electrical loom I am placing the parts loosely so I can have a nice tidy loom run once I am happy with the positioning ...