Tuesday 6 July 2021

Front Subframe removal and good news ref chassis tub

It was bad news in the last post but good news for this one! I had posted some pics of my progress in the GTM Owners Group. Derek Hambly of Hambly Sportscars contacted me and said he had a used but solid chassis tub which I could have for a fraction of the cost of a new one. The deal was done and pick up arranged.

So I need to get my finger out and finish the strip down to make space. Dash, steering column and gear selector lever removed and then it was onto the front subframe, this was even easier than the rear. In the whole strip down I was gobsmacked to only have one bolt snap! I put that down to good build skills by the original builder and me having many years experience of old car tear downs. I've learnt the hard way in the past! 



My other kitcar occupies my clean build area at the moment, things are getting very messy in the GTM area...



Im being very careful to throw nothing away, mk1 Mini's have shot up in value, as has the rarity of certain 2nd hand parts.


 

Bonnet Area Organisation

Prior to running any electrical loom I am placing the parts loosely so I can have a nice tidy loom run once I am happy with the positioning ...