Monday 12 July 2021

Chassis Tub Resto Completed

 Well it felt like a mammoth task but Im very pleased to say the chassis is now done. In hours I reckon it was 3 full days. The chassis was £300, £60 van hire and £250 in materials, so compared to buying a new one for £1900 and then £450 in powder coat or £200 in paint its a bargain. Its a thankless, dirty task and hard graft but Im very proud of it. I feel like a know more about it doing it this way too. 


This was the last day and the longest Ive spent at it continuously with the grinder. I did the whole interior of the tub.



Any rust was ground down and then treated with Hydrate 80.



I used silver spray for the visible areas. Gives a kind of ali tub look and allows me to paint the car any colour I choose, now or in the future.




My subframes are due for pick up from the Powdercoaters on Thursday. I still have some suspension arms that I need to treat and then I am on to the clean part of the build. It's going to look amazing!



Bonnet Area Organisation

Prior to running any electrical loom I am placing the parts loosely so I can have a nice tidy loom run once I am happy with the positioning ...