Tuesday 6 July 2021

New Tub


Heres a couple more images to show the extent of the rust, the car had been off the road for 20 years and allowed to rot.







this is where it will live behind my garage, I'll keep it a while as I am sure there will be the odd bracket or three that I will need later


So off I went to see Dereks premises and pick up the tub, below are a couple of pics of one of his cars, very nice too!




The new tub was loaded in my hire van and I headed home, it has rust but no rot which is great news







For the recon I'm using the following products to make this car good for at least another 20 years! 
Bilt Hamber Hydrate 80
POR 15 Metal Prep
POR 15 Rust Prevention Paint
UPOL Gravitex
ACF50

Not cheap gear but the best!











Some people might think 'why not blast and powdercoat'?
Reason is I want this future proof particularly floor and sills, when powdercoat chips water gets in and you see no damage until the water pressure and rust pop the powdercoat, by the time that happens you may be too late. WIth paint and gravitex you can clean and retreat just like you would any other classic car.

Thats my view anyway, Ill save the blasting and powdercoating for the subframes and suspension parts.



 

Bonnet Area Organisation

Prior to running any electrical loom I am placing the parts loosely so I can have a nice tidy loom run once I am happy with the positioning ...