Wednesday 14 July 2021

Front Running Gear

 The 2 x subframes are due back from the powdercoaters today, I had decided to focus on the front first. A - Its lighter and B - That will make 'wheel barrowing' the chassis around when needs be will be much easier. 

Lower front arms were cleaned soaked in metal prep and then rinsed and painted with POR15



Then onto the steering rack


I used  the grinder and then Hydrate 80 and Hammerite spray



I am waiting on new gaiters and track rod ends which should arrive soon.


Onto the greasy (VERY greasy) top arms



They are currently back to bare and coated in ACF50


Then my new wheels arrived! SHINY!!! 13x7 Minilites with Nankang tyres. 


I'll be off car work until next week now, Then I hope to rebuild the front to better than new condition.




Bonnet Area Organisation

Prior to running any electrical loom I am placing the parts loosely so I can have a nice tidy loom run once I am happy with the positioning ...