Monday 2 August 2021

Front End Brake Plumbing and Fuel Tank Resto

 So the original fuel tank was in pretty good shape and so I set about stripping it for a respray.





Before I repaint the exterior I treated it with the 3 recommended POR15 products:
Cleaner Degreaser
Metal Prep
Fuel Tank Sealer


The sealer is now being left to cure for the recommended time.

Next was the front brake lines. I dug out my old faithful tools..



In the pic below you see the pipe fitted to the master cylinder, that has possible problems, dangerous ones as I believe the bonnet will put pressure on it. To solve this I'm ordering a custom
 braided one from HEL with a right angle top fitment.



All looking pretty tidy 






Bonnet Area Organisation

Prior to running any electrical loom I am placing the parts loosely so I can have a nice tidy loom run once I am happy with the positioning ...